Re: SRFI naming

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI discuss from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI discuss contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor] <sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> Yes, I did.  I'm sorry if I expressed myself poorly: I know what it's
> supposed to mean, but I fail to see how it's easier to rememember than
> the SRFI serial number.

Associated names are easier to remember than numbers.

> [...]  I therefore ask you to answer the question we're both asking,
> namely what problem you're trying to solve.  You may feel you've answered
> it before, but you sure haven't been getting across to me.

I still think that's worth an answer, though.  Is this just a naming or
intended to be the basis for a module system?  The two things get confused
often in these discussions.

> I still don't get it.  What's preventing you from using any name you like?

The lack of portable-across-implementation names, I guess.

MJR