Re: Initial comments

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 99 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 99 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Thanks for your reply, Will.

Systematic use of
the "rtd-" prefix in SRFI 99 prevents clashes with the
names defined by the corresponding layers of the R6RS,

This is not C. We have a module system that allows arbitrary renaming and prefixing. Or maybe this is C, and you intend this SRFI to be used in module-less R5RS systems. Ugh. Please wait while I find a peg for my nose.

and reduces confusion between SRFI 99 procedures and
those of the R6RS:  If a procedure's name begins with
"rtd-", then it is part of the SRFI 99 API, not the
R6RS.

There are two potential sources of confusion: having things that do the same thing but have slightly different names and having things that do slightly different things but have the same name. I worry more about the former and you about the latter. We went through this same argument with the R6RS fixnum and flonum libraries.

Can you at least rename "rtd-all-field-names" to "rtd-field-names"?

No, the behavior specified by the R6RS is not quite
equivalent to the behavior specified by SRFI 99

Thanks for the explanation of the R6RS oddness.

Regards,

Alan
--
Alan Watson