Environment a-list considered necessary

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 98 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 98 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Although only a few existing Schemes provide the whole environment as
an a-list, I believe that SRFI-98 should at least standardize this as an
optional procedure if not a required one.  It's true that ANSI C does not
provide access to the whole environment, but both Posix and Windows do,
as well as pre-Posix Unix-like systems.

--
As we all know, civil libertarians are not      John Cowan
the friskiest group around --comes from        cowan@xxxxxxxx