Re: Miscellanea

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 97 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 97 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Taylor R Campbell wrote:

  Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:20:39 -0400 (EDT)
  From: AndrevanTonder <andre@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  I would suggest that the export level be assumed to be 0 for all
  exported bindings of all SRFIs /except/ SRFI-46: Basic syntax-rules
  extensions, which should export SYNTAX-RULES for level 1, provided
  the author agrees.

I agree that this is the right thing to do for the R6RS.

SRFI-46 should IMO also (re-)export ... for level 1, since the ellipsis is logically part of the syntax defined in the SRFI, and the library will not work in all contexts without this export. Whether one should follow R6RS and also (re-)export underscore _ as part of this library is less clear to me. Maybe it should be up to the author whether the R6RS special underscore treatment should be followed by the SYNTAX-RULES defined in this library. I think it may be hard to avoid in an R6RS-based implementation.

Andre