Re: Wrapping

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 93 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 93 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

> Let me mention that I like the rules for unwrapping.  I am sure it was not an
> easy compromise, but I think it is an elegant solution to the problems you
> point out with prior approaches, and will make macros significantly less
> painful to write.

I appreciate your saying so.

>    - Just to confirm: (car (syntax (1 2))) --> an error.

Yes.

>    - Could one write
>
>        (define-syntax or
>          (lambda (x)
>            (syntax-case x ()
>              [(_) #f]
>
>      instead of (syntax #f)?  The definition of syntax objects
>      seems to allow it.

Yes.

>    - Related, is (quote (1 2 3)) a valid output of a transformer,
>      as opposed to (syntax (1 2 3)).  Again, the spec appears to
>      allow it.

Yes.  Of course, the resulting expression should result in a run-time
exception.

You might get better source-object correlation in some implementations
if you use #'#f or #'(1 2 3), but whether that's true is outside the
scope of the SRFI.

Kent