Wrapping

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 93 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 93 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Let me mention that I like the rules for unwrapping.  I am sure it was not an
easy compromise, but I think it is an elegant solution to the problems you
point out with prior approaches, and will make macros significantly less
painful to write.

Just a couple of uncertainties:

  - Just to confirm: (car (syntax (1 2))) --> an error.

  - Could one write

      (define-syntax or
        (lambda (x)
          (syntax-case x ()
            [(_) #f]

    instead of (syntax #f)?  The definition of syntax objects
    seems to allow it.

  - Related, is (quote (1 2 3)) a valid output of a transformer,
    as opposed to (syntax (1 2 3)).  Again, the spec appears to
    allow it.

Regards
Andre