Re: Superfluous actual arguments

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 89 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 89 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Apr 14, Marc Feeley wrote:

> Unfortunately, if you add a rest parameter to foo (and bar) the
> error checking is lost.  Good error checking is important in the
> case of named parameters because you want to catch any misspelling
> of the parameters.

We faced the same problem, and our solution was to come up with more
meta-keywords that customize different options, like
#:allow-other-keys and #:allow-diplicate-keys.  But adding all of
these things in makes the mechanism even hairier.