Re: Prefix, not postfix

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 88 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 88 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

> SRFI 42 uses a colon prefix on identifiers (which by the way
> is illegal in R5RS except for a lone colon).

Oops, it is illegal? I thought I checked before proposing the
:<type> syntax for generators in SRFI 42...

...ok, identifiers may start with a ':' according to R5RS:

  <special initial> -> :

You are probably mixing it up with <peculiar identifier>,
(+ - ...) which must not be followed by other stuff.

Which also means, btw, that the <keyword>: syntax *does*
conflict with R5RS identifiers.

Marc, am I missing something here?

Sebastian