Re: fixnumXXX and fxXXX names, and other things

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 77 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 77 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

William D Clinger scripsit:

> Having made that decision, I find it less confusing
> to use the appropriate prefix consistently than to
> mix prefixes.  Indeed, I find it hard to remember
> which pairs of primitives behave exactly the same,
> as the differences that do exist are often subtle.
> If I use the same prefix consistently, however, I
> know the operations I use will behave consistently.

I agree with all these points; however, I also agree that
the existing "fixnum" and "fx" prefixes are un-mnemonic
and too easily confused.

--
Some people open all the Windows;       John Cowan
wise wives welcome the spring           cowan@xxxxxxxx