Re: reading NaNs

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 77 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 77 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Thomas Bushnell BSG scripsit:

> I, for one, am not confident that IEEE arithmetic is perfect.

And I, for one, would welcome our new IEEE overlords.   :-)

> I am very confident that the experts who designed that standard will
> someday need a new one.

The same applies to the Scheme standard.

> I would like to standardize Scheme's use in such a way that the
> language doesn't need to fundamentally change anytime such a change
> happens.

I think that's hopeless.  If there is fundamental change, it will be in
fundamentally unforeseeable ways.

--
Unless it was by accident that I had            John Cowan
offended someone, I never apologized.           jcowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx