Re: arithmetic issues

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 77 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 77 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
Where is the Scheme function which modifies closures?

set!

as in:

(let ((i 0))
  (lambda ()
    (set! i (+ i 1))
    i))

I was always taught that an atom is anything which is not a cons.  :)
At least, the Little Lisper says so.

You may need to update your reading list ...

But that aside, NaNs could also have structure, as has been pointed
out;

Not if we're talking abou NaNs in the IEEE sense.

> it could be useful for them to come with a tag identifying their
> origin.

Perhaps, but let's concentrate on getting IEEE numerics right, and not
invent new ways of doing numerics.  At least not for R6RS.
--
	--Per Bothner