Re: Arithmetic issues - feedback

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 77 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 77 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Andre van Tonder scripsit:

>  - Should a minimum precision be required for fixnums or flonums?
>
>    I would prefer not (principle of sufficient reason - von Leibniz ;-)

Fixnums and flonums are *about* machine architectures.  It is not
clear that there is a sufficient reason for the machine architectures
we currently have, but it is clear that we have them.  Pretending we
don't is for higher-level operations.

--
MEET US AT POINT ORANGE AT MIDNIGHT BRING YOUR DUCK OR PREPARE TO FACE WUGGUMS
John Cowan   http://www.reutershealth.com   jcowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx