Re: Why Single Inheritance Restriction?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 76 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 76 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Richard Kelsey <kelsey@xxxxxxx> writes:

> It's clear how multiple inheritance works with the predicates.
> How it works with the initializers isn't so obvious.  For that
> matter, I am not sure how the initializers work for single
> inheritance.  Are the supertype initializers called?

Yes.  The PARENT clause provides arguments for the supertype
construction procedure's parameters.  (Re-reading the spec, the
difference between "constructor" and "construction procedure" could
probably be made clearer.)

> In some particular order?

No---at least the current draft doesn't specify one, keeping with
Scheme's tradition here.

> What are the semantics of a partially initialized record?

I don't think there's a way to get one.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike