Re: Surrogates and character representation

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 75 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 75 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

William D Clinger wrote:
What [Alex Shinn] really meant
was that the C code would remain unchanged while the data
was changed from UCS-4 to UTF-8, or something like that.)

Did you mean to write "while the data was changed from
Latin-1 to UTF-8"?  That seems to make more sense to me.

 > > As Per Bothner agreed, that can degrade the asympototic
 > > complexity of the algorithm from O(n/m) to O(n).
 >
 > I did?

No, you didn't.  I misunderstood someone else's post; on top
of that, I saw your name in the cc: field and thought it was
the from: field.  Sorry.

I've done similar things.  Another reason to trim down the "cc" list ...
--
	--Per Bothner