Re: A different approach

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 75 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 75 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

felix winkelmann scripsit:

> If I want to generate a unique tag, I can just as well use a vector or pair.

Agreed.

> And if I want to avoid symbol clashes GUIDs should be sufficient. The
> question is
> just how often we need unique symbols (when things can be done with other
> methods).

Code generation is of course the primary use-case for uninterned symbols.
For this use, GUIDs are too heavyweight to generate and "too unique";
one typically does not need such strong uniqueness.

--
Only do what only you can do.               John Cowan <jcowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  --Edsger W. Dijkstra's advice             http://www.reutershealth.com