Re: forcing delimiters after escapes in quoted strings

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 75 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 75 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

At Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:18:19 -0700 (PDT), bear wrote:
> I think that the inlined hexadecimal notation requires a terminator.

We'd much prefer to not invent yet another syntax for strings. There is
a high bar for doing something other than established conventions.

My feeling is that the established C notation is not ideal, but it is
reasonable and more widely understood than any other notation.

Matthew