Rest and patterns

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 71 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 71 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

The recent discussion over binding the "rest" of the values seems to me to be a proposal for a (very small) pattern language, and an extension of `let' to allow for patterns in the LHS of each clause.

So, perhaps this SRFI would be better suited by developing a thorough pattern language, which `let' could be extended to use. The "values" part of this proposal would simply fall out of such an approach.

Or, on the other hand, perhaps this SRFI should remain within it's current scope, but in that case I would suggest leaving the extension of `let' in such a way that it is still possible to extend `let' to use patterns in the future. For this reason, I suggest keeping the `values' keyword that Neil W. Van Dyke recently argued against.

David