Re: My suggestions to the R6RS committee about numerics

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 70 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 70 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

 | From: Bradley Lucier <lucier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 | Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 15:23:28 -0500
 |
 | Hi, Aubrey:
 |
 | We already discussed many of these issues on various threads in
 | comp.lang.scheme.

I can't find any subjects with "exact", "IEEE", or "inifinity" in the
3100 postings in my current usenet feed.  How about a URL?

 | On May 20, 2005, at 2:13 PM, Aubrey Jaffer wrote:
 |
 | >  | From: Bradley Lucier <lucier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 | >  | Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 22:38:43 +0200
 | >  |
 | >  | .., I sent document about proposed changes to numerics to
 | >  | Marc Feeley last March to forward to the committee.  Since then my
 | >  | thinking has evolved a bit, but I thought I would just include my
 | >  | comments verbatim here. ...
 | >
 | > Why are you restricting the specification of inexacts to IEEE-754/854
 | > arthmetic?
 |
 | I'm not doing as you suggest; perhaps you misinterpret my
 | recommendation.

You have me at a disadvantage.  Where I have written extensively about
intent and motivations in SRFI-70, you have given no hint, even in
response to my direct question.  I will not anger you further with my
guesses as to your intentions.