Re: hash for eq?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 69 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 69 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 12:17:11AM -0700, Per Bothner wrote:
> Should the reference implementation of make-hash-table be
> modified so the default hash function for eq? is hash-by-identity?
> I.e. add in the obvious place:

In the reference implementation, this does not help any, because it has
(define hash-by-identity hash).  If hash-by-identity were provided as a
primitive, then yes, it would make sense.  So it's just a question of
whether we can trust Scheme implementors that use the SRFI code
_partially_ to notice this particular thing.

Panu

--
personal contact: atehwa@xxxxxx, +35841 5323835, +3589 85619369
work contact: panu.kalliokoski@xxxxxxxxxxx, +35850 3678003