Re: How important is R5RS compatibility for I/O?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 68 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 68 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

> This raises the general question of how important R5RS compatibility
> is in this area.

My personal idea about this for I/O is that it might be most useful if the new

stuff solves the problem as it should be solved---but preferably in a way
that the old stuff (R5RS I/O) can be implemented on top of the new stuff
for backwards compatibility.

I don't oversee all the details right now, but that should be doable here.

Sebastian.

----
Dr. Sebastian Egner
Senior Scientist
Philips Research Laboratories
Prof. Holstlaan 4 (WDC 1-051, 1st floor, room 51)
5656 AA Eindhoven
The Netherlands
tel:       +31 40 27-43166
fax:      +31 40 27-44004