SRFI 64 porting help: syntax-case experts needed

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 64 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 64 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I'm still asking for full-featured ports to other Scheme
implementations.  Especially support for the 'source-form,
'source-file, and 'source-line properties since they depend
on heavy-duty and non-portable macrology!

Specially, the Kawa-specific code makes use of syntax-case
so it can extract the complete the source-form and get the
correct initial line number.  For example look at the first
Kawa-only implementation of test-equal. This code *shouldn't*
be Kawa-specific, except for the use of syntax-case and an
implementation hook for extracting the line number.  However,
I couldn't get this code to work under Guile, which suggests
I'm depending on artifacts of the Kawa implementation of
syntax-case.  Can somebody figure out how to rewrite this
code so it's more portable?
--
	--Per Bothner