SRFI 63: Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Arrays
status: final (2005/4/27)
The SRFI, which is to supersede SRFI-47, "Array",
Multi-dimensional arrays subsume homogeneous
vectors as the one-dimensional case, obviating the need for SRFI-4.
- synthesizes array concepts from Common-Lisp
and Alan Bawden's "array.scm";
- incorporates all the uniform vector types
from SFRI-4 "Homogeneous numeric vector
- adds a boolean uniform array type;
- adds 16.bit and 128.bit floating-point
- adds decimal floating-point uniform-array
- adds array types of (dual) floating-point
SRFI-58 gives a read/write invariant syntax for
the homogeneous and heterogeneous arrays described here.