Updated version

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 57 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 57 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

An updated version of SRFI-57 will soon be available on the site. I have made the following changes:

 * The syntax is now backwards compatible with SRFI-9, and
   supports new useful variations.
 * I have cleaned up the specification a bit, and added
   some more explanation and rationale.
 * Some operations have been renamed, e.g. update is now
   record-update.
 * The reference implementation has been simplified somewhat.
 * I have dropped pattern matching.  A separate SRFI on this
   will hopefully follow soon.
 * I have dropped introspection/generic operations on records.
   While I realize that this is useful, and have received some
   very good suggestions both online and privately, I think the
   design space is too large to come to a reasonable consensus
   in a reasonable time.  I would invite anyone who is interested
   to submit a separate SRFI for this later...

Regards
Andre