Re: More features?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 55 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 55 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On 08 Jun 2004, felix <felix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hm. But what's an incompatible extension? Two extensions may be incompatible
> on one implementation, but (perhaps) not on another.

And therefore this (i.e. compatibility checking) is a requirement I would
like to put on the Scheme implementations.

> Would you have a specific example in mind?

One I forgot - and one I have just found using grep:

from http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-47/srfi-47.html :

" * The array-set! argument order is different from the same-named
    procedure in SRFI-25. Type dispatch on the first argument to
    array-set! could support both SRFIs simultaneously.

  * The make-array arguments are different from the same-named
    procedure in SRFI-25. Type dispatch on the first argument to
    make-array could support both SRFIs simultaneously."

Sven