Re: Initial comments & questions

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 53 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 53 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Saturday 20 March 2004 04:06 am, Andre van Tonder wrote:
> >   - SYNTAX-DO -- I don't like this at all.  It's not very descriptive
> >     and it clashes with the DO syntax in regular Scheme.  While it may
> >     be a good point that it does nothing more than 'do' a computation,
> >     and this is also what Haskell uses, it still isn't descriptive to
> >     just say 'do,' and it still has the clash.
>
> Understood.  I haven't been able to come up with a better name, though.

I would suggest SYNTAX-BIND, since binding is what it does, and picking a new
name for the current (internal) syntax-bind.

LIkewise, I would prefer SYNTAX-QUOTE to SYNTAX-INSPECT, as I fail to see an
inspector when I invoke it.  I think quoting is what it does...

$0.02
-KenD