Re: Making the new let easier to stomach

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 5 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 5 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

sperber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]) writes:
> This looks good.  I'd personally replace some of the dotted pairs by
> ellipsis constructions, as attached.  It would be good if one version
> or the other were part of the SRFI.  Let me know if you agree, and
> I'll stick it into the draft.
>
> [version favoring ellipses over dots
>  which sounds like a no-op but ain't :) ]

Thanks, that's grand, let's use yours.  I prefer the less powerful but more
general-purpose dot operator when applicable, but it seems that ellipses and
unquote-splicing are favored in the wider code pool.  As I see it, this is a
cool forum, and a little consistency will probably go far.  Good to see that
overall structure didn't need to be changed, I haven't done much templating.
Neat in their way, but I got waaaay turned off veeeery early on by the lack of
non-hygienic bindings.  Got any dirty pre-emptive hacks for dirty template
bindings?  Otherwise I'm likely to waste time mucking about with eval in a
couple SRFIs I've held off in anticipation of requests for R5RS code.

Regards, [Ag]   Andy Gaynor   silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx