Re: [Chicken-users] Which eggs to migrate from Chicken 3 first?

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Phil Bewig <pbewig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Streams are not lists.  Scheme ensures there are substantial disadvantages
> to using streams rather than lists, ...

To the extent that this is true, it should be fixed, not perpetuated.
Indeed, one of Scheme's greatest weaknesses is that the core functions
of the language are not generic enough, and different representations
of the same things are unduly difficult to intermix.  Let us move
towards perfection by removing an arbitrary distinction between two
sequential data structures whose only real difference is that one is
restricted to being finite.

~Alexey Radul

P.S. On the technicalities of how to achieve this, I find the design
of Clojure inspiring (http://clojure.org).