Re: Problems with SRFI document

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004, Andre van Tonder wrote:

>On Sat, 11 Sep 2004, Andre van Tonder wrote:
>
>Corrected attributions:
>
>>   bug was discovered by Alexandro Forero Cuervo
>     ^^^^^^^                  ^                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>     bugs were                j                    and John Shutt

Since character spacing, especially in lines with different
numbers of attributions, is increasingly hosed by various
mailers and web-based interfaces (including yours: I read
messages in plain ascii and the correction for Alejandro's name
was under the a, not the x), it behooves us to use a more
universal means of conveying corrections.  Thus:

>>   bug was discovered by Alexandro Forero Cuervo
s/bug was/bugs were/;s/x/j/;s/$/ and John Shutt./;

Because no matter what mailer or interface they're using,
of course everyone has to know sed.  :-)

				Bear