some suggestions

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 40 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 40 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

What an impressive amount of work.  In fact, I think it might be a bit
too impressive.  I would find this all easier to comprehend and use if
it were split into two SRFIs, one with the basic operations and another
with all of the utilities that build upon them.  The basic one could
contain something like:

     STREAM-NULL
     STREAM-CONS
     STREAM
     STREAM?
     STREAM-NULL?
     STREAM-PAIR?
     STREAM-CAR
     STREAM-CDR
     STREAM-MAP
     STREAM-FOR-EACH

Did you consider using more perspicuous, if less traditional, names?

  STREAM-NULL  -> EMPTY-STREAM
  STREAM-CONS  -> MAKE-STREAM
  STREAM-NULL? -> EMPTY-STREAM?
  STREAM-PAIR? -> NONEMPTY-STREAM?
  STREAM-CAR   -> STREAM-HEAD
  STREAM-CDR   -> STREAM-TAIL

Finally, I don't understand why STREAM-DEFINE in the reference
implementation is not just defined as

  (define-syntax stream-define
    (syntax-rules ()
      ((stream-define spec body0 body1 ...)
       (define spec
         (make-stream
	   (delay (force (stream-promise (begin body0 body1 ...)))))))))

If there is a reason for the current definition, you could remove its
final pattern

  (stream-define (name args ...) body0 body1 ...)

because everything that matches this is already matched by the previous
pattern

  (stream-define (name . rest) body0 body1 ...)

                                 -Richard Kelsey