Re: l, the ultimate curry that is not curry

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 26 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 26 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Al,

> Al wrote:
>> Sebastian wrote:
>>      (curry cons-stream <> stream)
>> <=>  (l (object stream) (cons-stream object stream))
>
> Actually, that would be:
>
>       (curry cons-stream <> stream)
>  <=>  (l (object) (cons-stream object stream))

You are right, of course. Sorry for the mistake.

If you allow me, I will skip the discussion on the number
of keystrokes involved in typing...

> P.S. The procedural implementation of curry would choke on this
> example, if we assume the usual definition of cons-stream (a macro
> that delays its second argument).

Oops! This is really serious. I will come back to this when
addressing the semantics of the mechanism.

However reads this: Please refer to Al's posting with
subject line > Problems with "curry"'s formal specification <

Sebastian.