Re: Changing the name

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 26 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 26 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

John,

> John wrote:

> Since the expansions of this macro are procedure sections rather

> than curried procedures, I suggest changing the name of the macro from

> CURRY to SECTION.

The fact that the macro does partial application and not proper currying

has indeed spawned a discussion about the name. Please refer to the

In my reply to Stephan I propose the name

       partial-apply

instead of 'curry'. As always with these kind of choices, a great deal

of it is simply a matter of taste and personal (programming) background.
As I have little experience with ML, my preference is 'partial-apply' as

it also refers to the 'apply' function of Scheme.

Would 'partial-apply' be fine with you?

Sebastian.