Re: Yo, whassup?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 25 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 25 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Per Bothner <per@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> It's unfortunate that srfi-25 is incompatible with
> SLIB.  Both include array-set! and make-array functions,
> but they are incompatible - i.e. there are argument lists
> that are valid for both apis, but give different results.
>
> This is bad.

But only slightly. For myself, I primarily use SLIB for cut-and-paste
reuse, it is my library of last resort. I don't like the burden of its
module system and I frequently find that it implements
almost-but-not-quite the functionality I need.

Anyway, I'm not going to go off slagging what is still a good body of
software (because I *do* use a fair few bits of it in various
projects), but I just can't see compatibility with SLIB as being an
issue.

Go final.

david rush
--
Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing."
	-- Wernher von Braun