Can array-ref return (values ...) ?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 25 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 25 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I'm trying to put together an implementation of arrays that will serve
my current purposes.  At one point, I basically wanted

(array-ref a i j k ...)

to return (values ...).

So I looked at this SRFI and it doesn't seem that this is a real problem
(OK, it would be a problem with array-set!, but perhaps one wants read-only
arrays without array-set! to be possible.)

How pervasively does one want multiple values to insinuate itself into
the rest of the language?

Brad