load

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 22 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 22 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

At least once in the SRFI draft, in the discussion of using a defined
entry point, a benefit is asserted about the debuggability of srfi 22
scripts under Scheme implementations:

  However, explicitly specifying an entry point has the advantage that
  scripts are easier to debug with a REPL-type Scheme implementation...

To realize that benefit, would it be worthwhile defining the
interaction between the load procedure and scheme source files with a
"#! " as the first three characters?  In particular:

  * is load in a scheme script bound to a procedure that must ignore
    the first, "#! ", line?

  * should load in a non-scripting REPL-type Scheme implementation
    ignore the first, "#! ", line?

  * should srfi 22 suggest a spelling of an identifier that will be
    bound to a procedure that loads a script, say, "script-load"?

I apologize if this has already been discussed; I couldn't find it in
a semi-cursory look in the discussion archive.

I know this is a very late comment, and I don't feel any discussion of
this should delay finalization of srfi 22.

-erik