Re: EX_USAGE?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 22 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 22 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

sperber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]) writes:
> Marc> While I'm on the subject, I can't say I'm very fond of having main
> Marc> return a status code.  I don't like it for C and I don't like it for
> Marc> Scheme.  Main should be a procedure.  If main returns normally, then
> Marc> the result is ignored and the EX_OK status code is returned from the
> Marc> script.  You can always call "error" to return an EX_SOFTWARE (this
> Marc> will work even if "error" is not defined!...).
>
> We know.  We though about this.  We disagree.

Just a bit of useless me-too-ism here, but I'm with Marc on this. It's
ridiculous that there is no (exit int) call in R5RS, especially since
there was supposed to be some kind of focus on compiled code. This
SRFI might not be a bad place to introduce the function, especially
since it is explicitly for addressing OS issues.

david rush
--
With guns, we are citizens. Without them, we are subjects.
	-- YZGuy, IPL