Re: SRFI-22 -- What won't work (small addition)

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 22 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 22 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

>> From: shivers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>> Uhh... has anyone checked to ensure that it's *guaranteed* OK by Posix to
>> put that space there? Are we being jollied by permissive implementations,
>> or is it definitely OK?

Bengt> Not having Posix available I (finally) checked with the (Single) Unix
Bengt> spec (which is available at
Bengt> http://www.opengroup.org/pubs/catalog/web.htm (note lack of 'l')).

Bengt> It is unspecified what a first line starting with '#!' means. Ie, to be
Bengt> portable, do not use one.

Bengt> Posix anyone?

Bengt> PS I still stand by my previous email stating my remembering that '#!/'
Bengt> works everywhere, whereas '#!/' does not work on certain (very rare)
Bengt> Unices that read and compare 4 bytes of a file.

Ermh, I it does seems as though the stuff within quotes in your mail
is sometimes lacking a character or two.  When you say "do not use
one," what do you mean by "one?"

--
Cheers =8-} Mike