Re: SRFI-22 -- What won't work (small addition)

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 22 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 22 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Olin> Did I say 28 is a small number? The current draft of SRFI-22 requires a
Olin> space after the sharp-bang. Make that 27.

Olin> Uhh... has anyone checked to ensure that it's *guaranteed* OK by Posix to
Olin> put that space there? Are we being jollied by permissive implementations,
Olin> or is it definitely OK?

Well, I don't have POSIX handy.  However, GNU's "
"Autoconf, Automake, and Libtool" has this:

> Having determined that the file is a script by examining its magic
> number, the kernel finds the path of the interpreter by removing the
> #! and any intervening space from the first line of the script. One
> optional argument is allowed (additional arguments are not ignored,
> they constitute a syntax error), and the resulting command line is
> executed. There is a 32 character limit to the significant part of the
> #!  line, so you must ensure that the full path to the interpreter
> plus any switches you need to pass to it do not exceed this
> limit. Also, the interpreter must be a real binary program, it cannot
> be a #! file itself.

... which makes me reasonably confident.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike