RE: The Scheduler

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 18 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 18 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Marc, thanks for the complete remarks. They were very helpful.

One alternative I suggested is something like the following:

(1) The type of the value of the priority field of a thread is left
undefined.
(2) The 'user' defines a THREAD-PRIORITY>? ordering procedure.
(3) To change the priority, you need to use THREAD-PRIORITY-SET!

(1) and (2) could default to values as in the proposal.

But you say (2) can't be done, for the reasons you describe. Pity. (But
I guess we can create an integer priority from anything I can dream up,
including the mythical deadline).

--
Will