new document

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 18 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 18 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

My apologies for the long silence...  I have taken all of the comments
received and integrated them in a new version of SRFI-18.  Many things
have changed so I suggest that interested parties re-read the whole
document.  You can find the new document at this URL

   http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~feeley/srfi-18.html

I hope the SRFI editors can copy this document to the official SRFI-18
web page soon.

Main changes:

1) Weakening of fairness constraints
2) Clarification of the semantics of continuations and memory coherency
3) Addition of a "time" datatype and timeouts on synchronization primitives
4) Addition of an exception handling mechanism and multiprocessing exception
   datatypes
5) Removal of thread-startup!, thread-result, thread-end-mutex
6) Addition of thread-join!, thread-sleep!
7) Addition of thread-min-priority and thread-max-priority
8) Addition of condition-variable-wait!

Marc