flush FLUID-LET

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 15 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 15 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I must say that I strongly dislike the semantics of FLUID-LET, because
it just can't be used in a multithreaded environment.  Now that there
is a draft SRFI for a thread system, perhaps some efforts should be
put in specifying a dynamic environment binding construct that works
well with it.  I hope FLUID-LET is dropped before too many pieces of
code (especially libraries) are written that depend on it, because it
won't be possible to reuse this code in a multithreaded environment.

Marc