Re: SRFI-13 final version

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 13 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 13 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

   One minor whinge concerning SRFI-13:

   We still don't have string-split.

   And string-tokenize takes a char-set. *only*

   If you can change string-tokenize to (also) take a pred, I'll be
   silent about this whole deal. But, string-splitting is a very common
   form of string-parsing, and at least in my idiom the most common
   form. If I can't do it with a string-split, I'll generally go straight
   to a parser-generator solution.

   <grovel mode=abject>
   Please, please, please, please, please, please...
   </grovel>

You're covered, dude. You just say
    (string-tokenize s char-set:graphic)

And, by the way, we *definitely* need to get a good parser/unparser thing
defined. A number->string converter that takes all the field-width, padding,
and other options that a full PRINTF implementation would use, a regexp SRFI,
a LALR parser macro like Manuel Serrano's got in bigloo, etc.
    -Olin