Re: KMP

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 13 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 13 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

In article <200005051936.PAA12536@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
shivers@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>You can't use Boyer-Moore with large character types -- it requires you
>to build a table with one entry for every possible character. Hence
>not really useable for anything past Latin-1.
>
>In fact, I have an implementation of B-M. I just don't *export* it into
>the library's API as such, because it isn't portable across character types,
>which is one of the design criteria of the lib.

But my opinion is that the SRFI should not mention ANY algorithm, it
should leave it up to implementors. A SRFI is a specification, not an
implementation, isn't it?

--
* You have just read a message from Mikael Ståldal.              *