Re: Minor comments on SRFI-13

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 13 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 13 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

   >The eleven functions not included are the R4RS string-comparison functions:
   >    string=?  string-ci=?
   >    string<?  string-ci<?
   >    string>?  string-ci>?
   >    string<=? string-ci<=?
   >    string>=? string-ci>=?
   >    substring

   SUBSTRING is not a string-comparison function.

Yep!

   >string-every pred s [start end] -> boolean
   >string-any   pred s [start end] -> value

   Why not allow using CHAR/CHAR-SET/PRED here?

Uhh... OK. I'm reluctant to stuff *more* functionality into the lib, but it
does preserve parallelism w/the other routines. The char case doesn't seem
very useful, but the char-set case is, and if one is going to do char-sets &
predicates, one should include the char case to stay parallel w/the other
routines in the lib.

   >    The reference implementation uses the Knuth-Morris-Pratt algorithm.

   This comment does not belong in the final SRFI document.

Yep!

Thank you.
    -Olin