Re: Substring indices everywhere? and the XS>< form

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 13 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 13 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

In article <200001031941.TAA28429@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oleg@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>For another thing, substring is codified to be a procedure whose
>result is a first-class value. No such promises have been made about
>the XS>< notation.

But we DO WANT it do return a first-class value, otherwise we promote
writing ugly code.