Re: new srfi-118 draft

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 118 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 118 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Per Bothner scripsit:

> Various changes based on people's suggestions.  The only substantive
> change is being more specific that make-string and string-copy must
> return variable-sized strings while the other standard procedures
> don't have to.

This looks very good.

> John Cowan suggested in
> http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-118/mail-archive/msg00002.html 3
> procedures: string-copy, string-variable-copy, string-immutable-copy.
> I didn't incorporate this suggestion, as I'm not convinced cluttering
> up the API this way is worth it.

On reflection, I'm inclined to agree.  I now think that
<http://trac.sacrideo.us/wg/wiki/CharacterSpansCowan> (which will
eventually become a SRFI) is a better approach to immutable strings.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan@xxxxxxxx
O beautiful for patriot's dream that sees beyond the years