Re: Improved error status

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 117 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 117 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Takashi Kato scripsit:

> This may be out of R7RS/this SRFI but isn't it better to mention that
> this error object may or may not satisfy `error-object?` or something
> like that? (Preferably should satisfy but I believe it's impossible in
> sense of R7RS.)

In general, there is no way in R7RS-small to create an object which
satisfies a specific error predicate.  The objects thrown by `error`
are generic errors, but they are not a supertype of all error objects;
indeed, the only reliable supertype of {all error objects} is {all objects}.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan@xxxxxxxx
Work hard / play hard,                                      cowan@xxxxxxxx