make-queue-with-list and make-queue-with-first-last

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 117 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 117 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Hi,

I'm wondering why these 2 procedures are separated. Since an list
argument can be also first pair of the list, I think the
`make-queue-with-list` procedure can be like this:

(make-queue-with-list first [last])

Beside this, the description of `make-queue-with-list` seems forcing
implementations to use a list as its storage. I think this is a bit
over specifying. For example, Sagittarius also has queue library and
it's implemented with deque which doesn't use a list as its storage.
Thus it's impossible to build this SRFI on top of the library. Because
of this, it is also impossible to satisfy O(1) required by
`make-queue-with-first-last`.

--
_/_/
Takashi Kato