Re: About logging / reporting

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 112 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 112 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Emmanuel Medernach scripsit:

> Thanks for  this example.  However the concept  behind it is
> that syslog has a  port-like interface, abstracting it would
> also be  IMHO the way  to go.  I  am surely too much  on the
> idealistic side of Scheme :D  But Ok, let's say that for the
> sake of practical needs (WG2)  I could bear with this design
> choice.

Syslog calls are designed to be interjected anywhere into an existing
body of code, so they depend on ambient authority; you don't have to
thread the identity of the syslog port through your code.

--
Andrew Watt on Microsoft:                       John Cowan
Never in the field of human computing           cowan@xxxxxxxx