Re: sweet-expressions are not homoiconic

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 110 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 110 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Alan Manuel Gloria <almkglor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Okay, here's a cut at the semantisc of a "limited" form of ParEdit for
> indentation, which I shall dub IndEndit, just to screw with everyone's tongues.

Hmm, I suspect it will soon be called "Alan's mode" :-).

Although experimentation is needed, this sounds like a very
reasonable approach.

> 2.  If the cursor is at the start of a line (after indentation chars,
> i.e. space tab and bang) then the extent of the expression is
> considered as being up to the next non-comment line at or with lesser
> indentation.

I like this in particular.  I mentioned earlier that a line can include
multiple dedents, which is true, but this would create an "obvious"
way to select the level you wanted.

Sounds great!

--- David A> Wheeler