Reference implementation style: "_" => "-"

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 110 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 110 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

The current sweet-expression reference implementation uses "_" in a number of function definitions.  However, elsewhere in the code (and in most code), a "-" is used in symbols.

That's a weird inconsistency, and I intend to switch all the "_" in symbols to "-".  The "_" is just an artifact, actually.  I used ANTLR to do rigorous grammar-checking of the BNF... and ANTLR only allows "_" in names, not "-".  But it makes the reference implementation look funny; there's no reason the Scheme implementation can't use "-" instead.

I can't imagine anyone complaining about this superficial change. But please speak up quickly if you object!!

--- David A. Wheeler